Home care services are becoming the go-to option for both Seniors and Doctors.
- Home care services are personalized and tailored to the needs of each individual. Clients receive one-on-one care and attention.
- Home care prevents or postpones institutionalization. Avoid being sent to a long term care facility or nursing home.
- Home health care costs are significantly less than many other forms of care
- Home care promotes continuity. The patient’s own physician continues to oversee his or her care. Home care can prevent rehospitalization and decrease the need for urgent care.
- People are more comfortable at home
- The support of family and friends.
- Family members can be more involved with treatment. Home care keeps families together. This is particularly important in times of illness. The ties of responsibility and caring can be severed by hospitalization.
- Enjoy a higher level of independence. Home care allows for the maximum amount of freedom for the individual. Patients at home remain as engaged with their usual daily activities as their health permits.
- Experience a higher level of morale when at their own home.
- Home care promotes healing. There is scientific evidence that many clients heal faster at home.
It is extremely important to make sure you find a caregiver who is a good match in both skills and personality. If your aging loved one is comfortable with this person, and you feel that you have hired someone with the right skills and attitude, then you should be confident that they are in good hands.
You know your loved one best, so do whatever you can to help make them more comfortable with this new arrangement. Assure them that you are still their primary caregiver, but explain that you need help. Emphasize that the professional caregiver is there to assist both of you and that you are closely monitoring the process and their wellbeing.
Communicate openly with the caregiver and the home care company about any challenges you experience. Understanding the source of the senior’s resistance will help you cope with this problem, and a care team meeting may be instrumental in brainstorming solutions together. You can book one with our team here.
What is Homecare…..?
Home Care can help your aging loved ones to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle in the comfort of home. They should also help to ensure seniors’ safety by recognizing and alerting their family members to potential signs of declining health.
Home Care agencies have also become a solution to help fill the gaps of care, while in the hospital, while in a nursing home, while under the care of a home health agency while receiving Hospice care, and other care models. Home Care Caregivers can complete the team of professionals who are providing care for your aging loved one. The best Home Care agencies provide continuous, professional, training to their caregivers to enable them to better assist in all elder care needs. Home Care Professional Caregivers can also be an additional set of “eyes and ears” for busy in town professionals, or out of town family members. Some examples of the things that most Home Care agencies can assist with are:
- Personal care
- Food shopping
- Meal Preparation
- Light housework
- Medication reminders
- Physical assistance and support to move safely around the home
More importantly, the Home Care Agency’s Caregivers provide companionship and mental stimulation by engaging their clients in conversation and other activities. The majority of Home Care services are privately paid for by the families or aging adults that recognize their need for help and need for an extra set of hands. During this time of year, it’s important to keep your aging loved ones in mind.
Role of a senior caregiver…?
What does giving exceptional care look like?
Here’s where it starts for us at Home Star ( In-Home Health Care )
Empathizing with your client
Compassion, love, kindness, respect, and consideration.
Speak up for the best interest of your client.
Doing the right thing 100% of the time with high standards for themselves and the work they perform. Being a senior caregiver demands responsibility and trustworthiness
On a regular basis, you must sit back and evaluate yourself. Self-reflection allows you to grow as a caregiver and learn from past experiences, which in return, will help you to provide better care to future clients.
They say patience is a virtue, well whoever “they” are, they’re correct. An exceptional senior caregiver will work with their client, promoting independence and dignity. Allow your clients to do as much for themselves as possible and assist them where needed.
Remember that taking care of another person is an honour. It should be something you are passionate about and love to do. You should take pride in your job and always look to achieve the best for your clients while striving to be an exceptional caregiver.
Booking a Free In-Home assessment:
If you call us for a personalized care plan design just for you or a loved one, here are just a few things you can expect from us:
- Evaluate personal health and home environment
- Coordinate care
- Communication book for family, caregivers, and case manager
- Encourage safety and independence
- Recommend assistive devices and medical equipment
- Assess the risk of falling
- Recommend solutions and techniques to increase independence
- Evaluates personal function level and home environment
- Help improve strength, balance and overall safety
- Provide activities of daily living support
- Assist with personal care, such as bathing, dental care, using the toilet, dressing and undressing
- Help with moving to and from furniture
- Meal prep
- Light housekeeping
- Appointments and Errands
- and so much more……
Free Consultation Plus First Schedule Visit Free
Home Star (In-Home Health Care) For Free!!!
We are offering our service with a try it for Free Guarantee.
Sarnia – London – Woodstock – Ingersoll and surrounding areas.
Our in-home consultation/assessment visit ( which is always free) but also the first PSW caregiver “scheduled” visit is free as well.
No commitments, No contracts, No cost and all guaranteed.
Comment below, send us a direct message, visit our website, share this post or call us directly.
So many ways to get the care you need.
Some conditions apply but your personally appointed case manager will answer any questions you may have before you decide. No contracts, No Credit Cards, just honest Free Service you can trust because we know it’s the right thing to do.
Giving back to the communities we serve!!!
If you’re ready to book your free consultation click here.