Home and Community Care
How to get help for seniors who need support living at home.
Home services support people of all ages who require care in their home.
Seniors and people with complex medical conditions of all ages can often stay in their own homes if they have some support.
1. How to arrange home care in Woodstock, Tillsonburg, Ingersoll, Dorchester
To arrange private care call Home Star Service ( In-Home Health Care ) 519-777-9636
2. Tell the case manager about your needs
Your case manager will tell you what services they can provide health professionals and personal support workers.
3. Arrange a home visit
Your case manager will need to visit your home to assess your health.
Your case manager will create a customized home care plan that meets your specific needs. If your needs change, your case manager can reassess your health and adjust your plan of care.
Types of services in your home
1. Personal care
You can arrange for health care professionals to help you with your daily care or help you safely manage these activities yourself. They can help you with:
- washing and bathing
- mouth care
- hair care
- preventative skincare
- routine hand or foot care
- getting in and out of chairs, vehicles or beds
- dressing and undressing
- taking you to appointments
To help maintain a safe and comfortable home, homemaking services can assist you with routine household activities including:
- doing laundry
- paying bills
- planning menus
- preparing menus
- caring for children
3. End-of-life care at home – Palliative Care
- Caregivers, both family and professionals are crucial to the palliative care system.
- Respite may last a few hours up to several days
- A personal service worker professional (PSW) is key to providing the support needed, with things like:
Home Support and Housekeeping
Meal Preparation and Nutrition
Health care professionals:
Arrange to have a health professional visit you in your home. They can assess your needs, provide care and make the transition easier for all involved.